Learn with Kolibri¶
- If you are using Kolibri in your school, education center or facility, your coach or administrator will provide the instructions how to open the sign-in page, and username and password if necessary.
- If you are using Kolibri on your own, outside an education center or facility, follow the instructions how to Access Kolibri according to your operating system.
To sign in to Kolibri and start learning, follow these steps:
Type your username and password (may be optional).
Click the SIGN IN button.
If you start browsing Kolibri as a guest, you need either to select Sign in option from the Guest menu in the upper right corner, or from the sidebar menu (left or bottom) to open the sign-in page.
Once you have logged in into Kolibri, you can see and edit your user data from the Profile option in the main sidebar menu (below Learn).
- To sign out from Kolibri you can either:
- Click the user icon in the upper right corner and select Sign out option, OR
- Select Sign out option in the main sidebar menu.
Learn with Kolibri¶
Each time you login into Kolibri, the first thing you will see is the Learn page with the list of all the classes you are enrolled to.
Channels tab offers you the option to navigate through the complete set of learning topics and materials available in Kolibri. Use it as you wish, or according to indications from your teachers and coaches.
Depending on how your school and teachers or coaches decided to organize the content, you may have one or more channels available here. Follow the indications by your teachers or coaches on how to use the content from each available channel.
In the Recommended tab you can see various sections:
- Most popular displays the most frequently used materials in your school or facility.
- Next steps displays suggestions according to topics and materials you previously visited.
- Resume displays activities that you started but haven’t finished yet.
- Featured in… displays a preview of activities for each content channel you have access on Kolibri.
These learning topics and materials are either related to what you were doing the last time you used Kolibri. or recommended by your teachers and coaches.
Next steps and Resume are not visible if you are browsing as a guest.
The number of displayed content items in each row will depend on the width of your display, and you can browse with the See previous and See next icons at the beginning and the end of the section rows.
If you are looking for a specific subject, topic, or term, use the Search feature:
- Click the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner.
- Type the word or combination of words you are looking for in the search field.
- Press Enter to display search results below the field.
Kolibri Exercises can require you to do different things: fill in a missing number, write a formula, choose one of the available options, etc. Each correct answer gets you a check mark, and majority of exercises require 5 correct answers in a row to be completed. Some exercises can offer one or more hints, to help you solve the problem.
Independent of the required action (writing an answer yourself or choosing one of the options), these are the steps to follow.
Read the question carefully.
Write the answer or choose one of the provided options.
When you are ready to submit, click the Check answer button.
- If the answer is correct and a check mark appears, click the Next question button to proceed.
- If the answer is incorrect, click the Get a hint button, read the suggestions, and try to answer again.
- The progress bar below the exercise is taking into account only the most recent answers you give, and that means that you need to have the required number of correct answers (check marks) in the row for the exercise to be considered completed.
Once you have achieved the required number of correct answers in a row, click the Next item button, to continue learning with the rest of the material in that topic.
If you are unable to solve some questions, try reviewing the videos in the Recommended section below the exercise, or seek help from your peers or teacher/coach.
Video and Audio Player options¶
To play videos and listen to audio files in Kolibri you have several available control buttons at the bottom of the player screen. Move the cursor or tap on the player screen to make appear the control buttons while playing.
(controls at the bottom of the player)
- Play/Pause buttons
- Rewind/Fast forward buttons by +/- 10 seconds
- Time tracker indicator with progress bar
- Video duration indicator
- Volume scrollbar
- Playback speed selector
- Display closed captions (subtitles)
- Fullscreen button
Use the Download content button below the player to download the video, audio and thumbnail files to your computer. Some videos will provide multiple resolution options.
PDF Viewer options¶
Options for viewing PDF files will depend on the browser and operating system you are using to view Kolibri.
- Use the Enter fullscreen button to open the PDF file in fullscreen view.
- Use the Esc key to close the fullscreen view and return.
Use the Download content button below the PDF viewer to download the PDF file to your computer.
When your teacher or coach prepares a lesson, that is a recommended set of learning resources for you or your class to view, it will be available in the Class tab, below the Lessons heading. You may have more than one lesson available at the time.
Click on a lesson title to open its content, and follow the indications of your teachers or coaches on how to use it.
If your teacher or coach scheduled an exam for you or your class, it will be available in the Class tab, under the Exams heading. You may have more than one exam available at the time.
If the exam is listed as Not started, follow these steps.
Click on the exam when you are ready to start taking it.
You can go on answering the questions in the order you prefer: move through questions with Previous and Next question buttons, or click on the question number in the column on the left side.
Each time you fill in the answer field, or select one of the available options, the question will be marked by a colored dot in the column on the left side.
You can review and correct your answers to all questions as many times you need before submitting.
Press the Back to exam list if you want to pause the exam and come back later.
Press the button Submit exam when you want to submit it for grading.
If the exam in the Class tab is listed as having …questions left, click on it to resume when you are ready.
Once you submit the exam, it will be listed as Completed in the Class tab, but you can click on it to see the score and review your answers.
Use the Show correct answer checkbox to visualize the answer for the questions that you did not answer correctly.